Thursday, October 11, 2007

Direction Smooth I Am Not


So I don't know about the rest of you, but it took me a few years to navigate around my neighborhood, the maze I like to call downtown, the east bench and the valleys to the west. But, I am at an old enough age that I should be able to find a Cafe Rio located at 3300 South and 3000 East for a co-worker's birthday lunch.




Well, first I missed the exit for I-80 so I thought to myself, "I'll just get off at 3300 South and work my way east." Well, I missed that exit too. So I drove further south to the 215 junction and headed east. Well, of course being direction suavy I got off one exit too soon. So, I figure-okay I'll just find 3300 South and work my way over. Well, apparently there are plenty of one way streets, residential areas and long winding roads in that part of the valley. 30 MINUTES LATER-I finally find a stop light and get to where I'm going. ARGH!!!


Then again, I probably am the only person who can drive circles around downtown Salt Lake.


(Sunday, October 14) My best friend and I went to Lagoon yesterday. I find it amazing that after close to 90 years, people still go to Lagoon every year. I mean, we are such a technological society-you wouldn't think a wooden roller coaster, hand carved carousel, old school pirate ship and g-rated haunted houses would draw that many people. But apparently there is something about the place that brings families, friends, ward mates, co-workers and school students together. Of course, having a new ride that sends you straight up at 60 miles an hour in three seconds probably helps.


The only downside to Lagoon still being popular after so many years is the long lines of people. My friend and I got there at 6:00 and four hours later we rode seven rides and sat through one chainsaw/vampire song and dance show. Now, I'm not sure whether that is typical wait/ride time ratio but then again, compared to Disneyland, it isn't that bad.


Next year though, if that crazy clown with the demented mask gets any where near me, we're gonna have issues!


C

No comments: