Monday, June 9, 2008

So my friend "Kimmy" sent me a postcard from Nauvoo where she is serving a mission this summer. She is a performing missionary and was teasing about how hot and humid it was. She's living off otter pops. She asked me how my life was, including boys and work. So, I thought about it and (since I still haven't written her back yet) came up with my answer.

So a funny thing happened to me this weekend....I realized that when you sit back and let divine providence run your life, things tend to work out better than you originally thought. Now, I am not going to be overly religious here but I am going to say this. I don't believe in coincidences. I believe that everything that happens to us happens for a reason, either to teach us something or to make us into the kind of people we are capable of being. Do bad things happen to good people? Yes. Do good things happen to people who may not deserve them? Yes. But, we have to take the life that is given to us and make the most of it. Then, regardless of what you believe, you can work your way to being happy and being complete. Once I finally just let go and let God lead me, there are some many more directions I can go.

That's what I learned this weekend. And I'm so grateful for that. So, here's to living life one day at a time, and remembering who it is that helps us live it.

So, Kimmy (and the world), that is how my life has been going. Finally in the direction I want it to. Interestingly, I also realized that sometimes when you close a door, or think one is closing-it's only allowing a handful of others to open in your favor. I'm so glad that I have a lot of open doorways in front of me. I'm excited to see where they will lead.

1 comment:

Nurpus said...

Oh how nice. :)

Casey Larson