Sunday, November 11, 2007

What We Want

So for years I prayed and prayed for the same thing and for years and years I felt like I never received an answer to that prayer. Now I can honestly say that perhaps I recevied an answer a long time ago, it just took me awhile to recognize it. We don't always get what we want. But maybe, just maybe, we get something better. A very good friend turned me onto the "apologize" by One Republic. Now many people have heard the Timbaland version which is good but I prefer the sound of the original. It's one of those songs I can listen to again and again. My friend and I were talking about that the other day. The interesting to me is that many times those songs I listen to repeatedly have some kind of deeper meaning. The reason they hit me so hard is because there is something in either the lyrics, the music or the way the singer performs that I can relate to, that I can emphasize with. So what is about this song that drew me to it?

Maybe that is another answer I won't understand until I travel forward through life. But for now I am sticking to my realization. We don't always get what we want. Many times, we get something better.

C

No comments: